Sunday, February 8, 2015

Shoe Box of Sailors

Last summer my mom and I went to visit her uncle. While were were there he brought out a box of old pictures that had belonged to his father, my mom's maternal grandfather. Somehow I came home with all his pictures from the Navy. He served in the Navy in the 20's (I'll get a more accurate date soon) and was on the USS Arizona. Most of the pictures are really faded so I am going to work on scanning them and trying to fix them up a bit. None of the pictures have names on them. A few have some details on the actual pictures. I'm sure there are people out there that would love to see these so I thought I'd share!

If you know anyone or anything about these pictures please feel free to share with me. I'd love to add some details to them.

Here's what I got done tonight.

USS Arizona in the Panama Canal Miraflores Locks June 1927


cleaning the deck


This is made as a post card


Another post card


 Up to no good?


This is fun, it says "After a Strenuous "48" hr liberty"


Looks like they caught a bit more than they planned! Alligator?


Lots more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment